Errors on Incrementals- "failed to set times" "mkstemp .... Invalid argument (22)" delete_file ...failed Invalid argument (22)

jlemus

14 May, 2010 07:35 PM

I'm using 3.3.2 and incremental backups tend to have many errors in the log. Are these netural? How can I ensure a clean/bootable backup? The problem has occured with previous versions as well. I've attached the log file.

Thanks,
Jaime

examples (of many lines of similar errors):

"rsync: mkstemp \"/Volumes/KALI_BU/private/var/mysql/wordpress_careersinscience/.wp_posts.MYD.M0SZ9n\" failed: Invalid argument (22)",

"rsync: delete_file: unlink(private/var/mysql/wordpress_teachers_tiss/wp_comments.frm) failed: Invalid argument (22) "rsync: failed to set times on "/Volumes/KALI_BU/private/var/samba": Invalid argument

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Mike Bombich on 16 May, 2010 04:43 AM

Hi Jaime:

Normally I'd say that these errors are relatively harmless, but it looks like the errors occurred while CCC was copying a MySQL database. If you're backing up your database separately from CCC (e.g. using mysqldump), then I'd say it's safe to ignore the errors and that you could exclude the database directory if the errors are persistent.

If you aren't backing up the MySQL database separately, then you should consider doing so. I write a bit more about this subject here in the documentation:

Run a shell script (before or after) the clone operation
    Backing up large files, mounted disk images, and FileVault home directories

Mike

2. Mike Bombich closed this discussion on 21 Jun, 2010 09:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac